Sunday, September 7, 2008

For all of you visitors, I have to say this is my first blog experience. I haven't had a great deal of computer experience in my stay at home mom career so bear with me if I mess something up here. 

As many of you know, our adoption journey has been along time coming. Some of you know bits a pieces of the story, others may not. I wanted to take time to share our journey thus far and also have a way to mass communicate where we are now. Since I just received a call recently saying that we need to make sure all last minute paperwork details need to be finished "in case" we get the call here soon, I thought this would be a good time to start. 

So for those of you who like to get to the point, here is the latest: we have been on the waiting list for a while now, meaning we have finished all the necessary paperwork and were just waiting for our adoption agency to call us telling us they had a child for us to consider. This is called a referral. Over the last several months, referrals had not been coming through because the agency was waiting for their India license to renew. Once the renewal process went through, referrals began to happen quickly. I spoke to our case worker this past week and she said there were only 3 families ahead of us. This could mean a call any day now, or in another month or so. Even so, for the first time it began to feel a little more like a reality for the first time. There have been some changes in immigration so we have to file more paperwork (which in adoption terms, also means additional cost) with them in order to travel.  So we are doing what we have learned how to do pretty well, which is wait a little longer. We will certainly keep our posts up to date as we know something. Thanks for all of you who have prayed and just asked how things were going! 


No comments: