Sunday, November 2, 2008
As we anticipated, October was a quite month due to the festivals and what not going on in India. We did a lot of paper work "do overs" and are currently waiting on a criminal background check here in Indiana to go through so our homestudy can be re-completed, resubmitted, and refiled with our paperwork to immigration. Once we file with immigration, they will get back to us with a date to come in for an appointment for refingerprinting which can take up to 90 days to get the appointment then once that is happens we could have to wait as long as an additional 90 days for approval at which time we would then be cleared for travel to go and get our baby girl. So it is looking like our travel time might be as late as next spring. The big question up in the air right now is will the adoption agency actually send us a referral prior to the immigration approval. I know that we would not be allowed to travel until it is approved, but it is uncertain as to whether we will be assigned an actual child before then or not. As far as the emotional side of it, for me, and I think Brian would agree, God has been clear that this will happen in his timing, and we are trusting that. My personal preference is that we nor our daughter would have to go one day longer than absolutely necessary and we are praying this way as well. I would love to have the homestudy completed this week and have our application to immigration send off by the end of this week, but much of that is out of my control. I feel as if I have been pregnant with this child for years :-) and the delivery date is still somewhat uncertain :-) God knows, though. And I do have peace about it. For those of you who would join us in prayer for this, please pray safety and well-being while still in the orphanage, for perseverance in whatever obstacles we may face, and continued faith in the heart of our Father and in his soverighnty, and for continued financial provision. We will continue to keep you updated!