Sunday, November 22, 2009

Aaahhh....HOME.

Words cannot describe how deeply relieved and excited to be back in the states, and especially back in my own home with ALL four of my children here with me. I actually got out today and went to Target with Ella-Kate. I am finally just beginning to process some of what I saw on our journey to the other side of the world and today I wept for India. I wept for the 15 million people in Kolkata and the chaos, both physically and spiritually they live in. I wept at the thought that there is nothing short of Jesus' redemptive return that can fix all that is broken there. I weep for gratitude knowing that my daugher is here, able to grow up in this country, instead of there where "she has no hope" as one woman in India commented to me. Then I contrasted that to the faces of those I looked upon in the store and I wondered why is it that instead of a deep sense of gratitude for all that we have here, does our society here in the US instead seem to breed a deep sense of entitlement? We take SOOO much for granted--- the FDA even with all its faults, is SUCH a huge blessing. In India I stayed in four star hotels and still couldn't drink the water. I always had to be contientious of ice, could not eat any raw fruits or vegetables or eat dairy products while I was there. The sanitation department....oh my goodness. I was so thankful for that in our nation when I would pass huge piles of trash a block long just laying on the sidewalk beside the streets. I saw mommas bathing their children in puddles on the sides of the major streets that run through the city. Men drinking brown water out of plastic water bottles that looked like they were ten years old. My daughter will not remember her short time in India, but I will never forget it, God help me never forget it. I am OVERWHELMED with things to thank GOd for this year...

I want to write more and post more pictures but I am falling asleep literally in front of the computer screen. Maybe tomorrow :-)

2 comments:

Gran said...

It was wonderful to stay with my three grandchildren there in Indianapolis and spend time with them while we awaited the return of Mia. There is no substitute for time spent with children or with anyone we love for that matter. Art and I were so glad to be a part of this homecoming in some small way, just as we were glad to be a part of bringing home Josie Love. Mia is beautiful, and she already seemed so bonded to Brian and Mandy; she also seemed to love Ben right away. She will have a wonderful time growing up with her sister, Ella Kate and her two brothers, Ben and Elijah. To God be the glory!

Mary Anne said...

Oh, Mandy, What a beautiful testimony. I cry with you over India.
What a precious future for our little Mia.
What a life changing experience for your family, all!
May we all learn from this experience and be blessed to just catch a glimpse of God's perspective.
I agree with your mom, "To God be the glory." May His guidance; His protection; His love penetrate all of our hearts.
Bless you, Mandy, for so beautifully putting your experience into words we can understand.
We love you all,
Mary Anne