Tuesday, November 17, 2009

WOO HOOO! Got her!

Well, we FINALLY got her! I can't believe it! I feel SOOO less stressed right now, even though we still have a lot of hoops to jump through between now and when our plane lands on Saturday. We have also connected with a couple in our hotel that picked up their little boy yesterday, and that has been a ray of sunshine! Just to have SOMEONE to communicate freely with has been awesome! I know I keep saying this but I will write more tomorrow. We are in our friends room and are using their computer and they are going to loan it to us for the day tomorrow...SO tomorrow is story day :-) For now, enjoy the new pics I've loaded and can't wait to tell you about our adventures!!!!!

6 comments:

Gran said...

Awesome pictures! We can't wait to see her in person.

Karen said...

We are all gathered around the computer and screaming "Mia" with delight! Of course, I am crying... So thrilled. She has a beautiful smile.

I keep crying.. just warning you. :)

So thrilled with God's goodness.

By His Grace,
Karen and family

scott said...

YES! hope you get some great rest tonight (in a quality hotel room) and we'll keep prayin that the rest of your week goes well.

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness Mandy!! We're so happy for you guys!!! I've been checking the blog about every 20 minutes or so, hoping you would post as soon as you could. There were instant tears when I saw the pictures of the three of you together. I know I've said this a million times, but I can hardly wait to meet Mia.

Mary Anne said...

Hi Brian,Mandy, and Mia,
What a relaxed, lovely, full of joy smile little Mia has. How does it feel to hold that special child you have dreamed of holding for so long.

At 6:04AM when the phone rang, I raced to answer it. It was from you, yet no one was on it. Then I raced to the computer to find your blog talking about spiritual darkness ---so I prayed Ps 34:7 and others. I now know you probably were back at your hotel with Mia in your arms and all is well; however, you probably had angels encamped all about you.:)
Rest well with great peace to the 3 of you in the hands of our Almighty LOrd. We are praying for Visa on Friday!!
Love,
Mom/Mary Anne

Amanda said...

I know this blog is two years old, but I just saw it on the recommendation of a mutual friend (Brittnie W.). I am loving reading about your story, and I would truly appreciate your thoughts on whichever agency you worked with. My husband and I are praying about adopting from India, so any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!