Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A dream...REALIZED

So, not much to say today except... WE ARE GOING TO INDIA TO GET OUR BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!! It has been a really emotional last two weeks, and this morning, laying in bed, I was thinking about how this adoption, our story, began 15 years ago with me as a dream. A dream that one day, God-willing, God-providing, I would be momma to an orphaned, neglected, baby girl. My head is swimming as I am still processing the moment this morning in front of my computer reading in disbelief about her passport being ready, my heart leaping, it's time. It's time to go get your daughter. You have waited long enough, now go....and by the way, go Friday :-) SO while we won't solidify our flight until tonight, our tentative plan is to leave this Friday, yes, three days from now! SO while this post will be short, I will have more to say tomorrow as we will have finalized travel plans! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Delana said...

YAHOOOOOO!!!!!! Praise GOD from Whom ALL blessings flow! My heart is so full of love, hope, joy and prayers for all of you! HUGS - Delana

Karen Phillips said...

YAYYYYYYY!!!! so very happy to read this...wow!!! oh, i can't wait to see that baby girl in your arms and home with her family! keep the updates comin'! we'll be praying for you all. how long will you stay in india?

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness Mandy!!! God is so GOOD! I'm so excited that you get to leave this Friday. The day you've waited for is finally in sight! I can't even tell you how excited we are to meet Mia...can't wait!
Love,
The Sauces

Gran said...

Mandy, I can hardly go to sleep tonight, knowing that in a couple of hours, you will have hopefully heard about your appointment date next week. It is 10:10 here, so 11:10 p.m. there, so it may only be about an hour or less before you know. Either way, Dad and I are excited for you all and are looking forward to seeing our next granddaughter, Mia, soon. Also looking forward to staying with my other 3 little Indiana grandchildren while you are away. If I wake up in an hour or so, I may recheck the blog to see if you have posted again.
Love you and Brian and the chldren very much,Mom

Gran said...

Well, it is after ll:30 p.m. What's the news?? HA! jUST COULDN'T GIVE YOU A FEW MINUTES TO FIND OUT THE DETAILS! Well, guess I'm finally going to bedl
You know how to reach me!
Mom